Friday, February 9, 2007

The New Editing Suite

I finally had a (slight) break from manuscripts, and began the remodeling I have put off for a year. This is going to make a great new space to set up a writing and editing area. I am doing the work with the help of a good friend of mine (who is one of Nashville's better song writers, by the way) and it is turning out quite well. Except for...see below. Thanks, Ask This Old House!

The Tear-off Begins

Gary in the Hole. No Turning Back Now!

My Leg After a "Mis-step" @1#!@!?*!

I will post more pics as progress continues. If you are a person of faith, please PRAY FOR ME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are doing the work yourself? An editor and a contractor...very impressive, word doctor. You would be a catch for some lucky lady.

Is the picture of the leg through the floor real? If it is, all I can say is, "oops."

I hope things turn out for you with your project. Looking good so far.

Crys said...

so you're like, a handyman.

Word Doctor said...

Crystal,

Yea, I'm the bastard son of Bob Vila. As you can see by the pic of my foot in the ceiling, "handy" is a relative term. Hope all is well.

-Doc

Crys said...

"well" is usually a relative term. you and all your relatives.

Word Doctor said...

Ha! Nice one...