Thursday, February 22, 2007

...and a few more remod pics...

For those of you who give a damn, here are three more pictures from the remodeling project. Things are going well, and the new roof will be on by Friday. Thanks for checking in, and I hope everyone is writing their asses off. Have a shot of Jack for me this weekend, will ya?

Drywall in the new editing suite...coming along nicely.

Here is one of Gary on the manlift adding on to the roof. I am changing to a nice black shake roof, which will work better with the yellow siding. With both of us in the lift's basket at about forty feet, that thing sways like a damn politician!

One of the negatives about living in Nashville is the constant threat of late-winter/early-spring thunderstorms. That's yours truly on a ladder about thirty feet up trying to pull a tarp over the new master bath dormer.

5 comments:

Luc2 said...

It looks impressive.
Now I don't know nothing about that stuff, but wouldn't it be better to make a hole in the roof in spring or summer?
Just curious.

-Luc

Anonymous said...

Curiosity killed the cat - but I would acutally be interested in the answer to luc2's question.

Place looks great :-)

Zappadong

Word Doctor said...

Hey, guys; hope all is well. Thanks for the kind words. The issue with tearing up a roof here in Nashville in the spring is we get hellacious thunderstorms during that time, and they can be (seriously) deadly. The summer is just too f'n hot to be working on a roof (or outside at all for that matter). The weather here thus far has been very cooperative, so no complaints.

More pics soon. Zap, maybe you can fly over for that cup of coffe when the place is finished. Luc2, how's the writing/editing going?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are coming along nicely. It's really shaping up! I can't wait to come down and see it in person. :) Hey, and give me a call right away so I can refund you that money onto your card. Everything has gone through perfectly.

Luc2 said...

Hmm, if you like imagery, my manuscript is like your new editing suite, and I'm still stuck with my leg through a hole in the floor. At least it won't get wet from rain.

CU

-Luc